Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A few thoughts

You know, I really had a great time seeing everybody! It was like a soap opera, we just picked up where we left off!



I want to share a feeling I have with all of you. Ok, I didn't play youth soccer here in Dallas but I assure you I was on great teams in Virgina at the time some of you played for Sting or D'Feeters or whoever. While on MLFC I usually felt that I had missed some connection somewhere. Yeah sure, I got along with everybody (didn't I??) and we were a great team. There was just something missing.....maybe it was all those years that you all had your rivalries or all the years that you played together or against each other. Anyway, I guess I never felt I had that strong bond. I know....blah blah blah. But something made me feel good the other day. Missy sent out something Kelly M. had written. At the bottom, after naming all these memories of hers there it was......"Babbs signature slide-tackle".....That small statement made me think that just maybe I did make more of a difference than I thought. So, thank you Kelly for showing me that somebody remembered something I did. When I first started sliding, my mom thought I was just a clumsy child always falling. BUT...the

Ok, I'm through. Please don't think of this as a pity party. I treasured every moment and every memory I have of this team. Oh, and my mom was tickled that somebody mentioned her washing uniforms at the Fiesta Tournament in San Antonio. She said to tell everybody hello.



4 comments:

Missy Gifford Rodgers said...

Hey Sherrie, thanks for being the first on the blog! That definelty counts for something! As for startin the blog - I think Connie came up with the idea and luckily I have computer nerds here at my house that could help pull it all together! I can't wait to see the other blogs we get!

Wes said...

From Team "management" I want to officially thank Missy and her men for putting this together. And I want to encourage ALL OF YOU GUYS to
make posts, keep in touch, keep us all up-to-date with what's going on in your life. Me, i"m taking Kathy Bates PT advice and am going in the hospital early in Oct. to have my orthopedist "manipulate" (forcefully) bend my right knee - the total knee replacement one to break scar tissue loose. He, also, might also go in with the arthroscope and take scar tissue out on top of the knee just up from the knee cap. Gonna make the damn thing bend so I can get back on my mountain bike. And, Kathy, I will go into physical therapy the very next day after the manipulation just as YOU insisted. Here we go ... =wes=

Anonymous said...

Yes...good stuff. This looks great- but how do we look at post photos? Missy can your son come over and help me?

Kyle Walker said...

If you insert a full-size picture inside a blog post, clicking on the smaller picture in the post will open the picture at full size in a new window. You may want to use picasa web...it uses the same google logins, and you can add multiple photo albums with different viewing permissions. Check out the photo album at http://walker1402.blogspot.com/

-kyle